The OEC will be replaced by OFW ID or I-DOLE as approved by President Rodrigo Duterte. Processing of the new iDOLE OFW ID begins 12 of July 2017.
The Balik Manggagawa or Overseas Employment Certificate (OEC) is one document that every Overseas Filipino Worker (OFW) must secure to complete the process and pass immigration. Others have to fall in line for hours just to secure this document. Some have online appointment but the queue is still the same.
By the end of July 2017, the OEC will be abolished, according to Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) Secretary Silvestre Bello III.
Below are important points to remember about the OFW ID or I-DOLE.
- It is FREE for all OFWs registered with the Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA).
- The OFW ID or I-DOLE can be used in any government transactions with SSS, Philhealth, Pag-IBIG.
- It can be used as a beep card when taking rides in LRT and MRT.
- It can be used as a debit or credit card in the soon to be opened OFW Bank.
- In the future, the OFW ID or iDOLE will also serve as E-Passport.
This is absolutely good news for the “Bagong Bayani” of the Philippines, we, the Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs). Let us just wait for constant updates when the government starts to issue OFW ID or I-DOLE.
How to get your iDOLE OFW ID
- Go to the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) main office or regional office near you.
- Bring your primary or secondary identification materials such as PRC ID, SSS, TIN, PhilHealth, Pag-IBIG, Driver’s License or Passport for further confirmation of the legitimacy of your identity.
- Wait for your turn, then go to the person in-charge and ask for the processing.
- If necessary, present your Overseas Employment Certificate (OEC).
- Wait for the verification process.
- Next is the processing of your new iDOLE OFW ID with your OEC integrated on it along with your unique OFW ID number, wait until the system finish the process.
Congratulations! you have your new iDOLE Overseas Filipino Identification (iDOLE OFW ID).