10 Reminders of Pre-Departure Orientation Seminar (PDOS)
- Think of what you want to achieve by working overseas. This will guide you to succeed in your endeavors.
- Spiritually, emotionally and physically prepare yourself to whatever experiences, good or bad that you may encounter overseas.
- Remember and uphold at all times your responsibility and rights as a person and as an Overseas Filipino Worker (OFW). These will be your guide to perform your duties well.
- Adapt to and respect the culture of the country where you will be working because this will be your host country and temporary place to live.
- Take good care of your health because this will ensure that you can perform your duties well.
- Be broad minded and receptive to new ideas and new learnings because this will lead you to succeed in due time.
- Never lose communication with your family and loved ones left behind at home. Never allow thousands of miles separation disrupt the unity and wholeness in your beloved family.
- Make sure to save first before you spend. Saving for the future is the key to a better life not only for you but for your loved ones too.
- Make a good plan and be prepared for any eventuality if you decide to come home after working overseas.
- While staying overseas, never fail to get in touch and communicate with authorized Philippine government agencies in times of confusion and immediate need.