Below are requirements for solemnization of marriages among currently residing Filipinos in Kuwait who wants to tie the knot at the Philippine Embassy. Processing steps and guidelines to ensure smooth and stressful marriage vows.
Note: Processing / Interview Time: 8:00am to 12:30pm
Requirements for Solemnization of Marriages between Filipinos only
- Photocopies of applicant’s passports.
- Birth Certificates issued by the NSO and authenticated by Authentication Division, Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA).
- NSO Certificate re: non-appearance of the applicant’s name in the National Indices of Marriage or certificate of Single Status and Non-marriage issued by the NSO and authenticated by the DFA.
- Joint Affidavit of Single Status (form available).
- Application for Marriage License (form available).
- Notarized Affidavit of Parental Consent (if either applicant is 18-21 years old.)
- Notarized Affidavit of Parental advice (If either applicant is between 21-25 years old). Parent/s of the applicant should inform the Embassy in writing. If such advice is not obtained or is unfavorable, the marriage license shall be issued 3 months following the publication of the application of the marriage license.
- Certificate of Marriage Counseling (If either applicant is 18-25 years old).
- Two pictures of each applicant.
- Notice of Marriage to be posted for 10 days.
Report of Marriage
- Duly filled-up Report of Marriage form.
- Arabic marriage certificate with authentication from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and official English translation (plus 4 photocopies).
- Passport and Civil ID, if any, of the spouses (plus 4 photocopies).
For woman who wants to adopt her married name
- Marriage Certificate in SECPA (security paper) from NSO authenticated by the Department of Foreign Affairs – Manila
- If the marriage was solemnized by the Kuwait Ministry of Justice, the Marriage Certificate (with English translation) must be
authenticated by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and duly registered at the Philippine Embassy.
- Photocopy of old passport
For more consular services, visit Philippine Embassy website.