PUBLIC ADVISORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA ETIQUETTE, A JOINT UNDERTAKING WITH http://kabayaninkuwait.com
The Philippine Embassy wishes to advise the Filipino Community in Kuwait on the following reminders on Social Media Etiquette:
- Avoid vulgar language or threats.
- When posting, make sure that it contains only the truth; it can help and inspire other people so their lives can be better.
- When on vacation (local or international) be careful not to go into much detail; the hotel where you are staying, places you go to, because without you knowing it, you give away your privacy to the worldwide web, and this is unsafe.
- Do not post signed contracts, copies of Civil IDs, Passports and other important documents because these documents bear very important details, and if captured by others who have knowledge in forgery, you will be compromised.
- Do not post pictures of yourself in very revealing clothes or attire, or provocative poses and videos, especially here in the mid-East.
- As much as possible, use “PM” or personal messages and write to trusted friends only. They can help you and keep you safe, too.
- As much as possible, we can be sympathetic to the plight of the traumatized but let’s make sure to post with concern and if possible , make it only once, to secure the person’s privacy.
- All of us here in Kuwait are a part of a group, a community, a household, a company. What we post on our social media pages affects not only our personal life, but our professional life as well.
While we want to exercise our freedom of speech, we must not forget what we post on our social media accounts / pages affect not only ourselves, but others, too.
Thank you very much.
SPECIAL THANKS TO KABAYAN IN KUWAIT! AND TO ALL SOCIAL MEDIA ADVOCATES
RAUL H. DADO
Chargé d’Affaires, a.i.
Kabayan, sana matapos ninyong mabasa ang Public Advisory na ito mula sa Philippine Embassy in Kuwait, matututo na tayong mag isip muna bago mag post sa ating social media accounts.