Philippine Professional Organization – Kuwait (PPO-Kuwait) is a Non-Profit Organization of Filipino Professionals that is duly registered and accredited by the Philippine Embassy in Kuwait.
A significant milestone took place last September 19, 2013 as PPO-Kuwait was founded and Interim Chairman & Coordinators on each Professional discipline/ Filipino Community groups took charge with the guidance of Consul General Raul Dado.
Last March 20, 2015, the organization held its 2nd Induction rites at Fusion Japanese Restaurant at Kuwait Tower. Guests included Labor Attache Cesar Chavez and Guest Speaker was Mrs. Victoria L. Vidal, RN, MAN.
The PPO-Kuwait is going to be the umbrella organizations of all Professionals Accredited Organizations (APOs) with mother chapter in the Philippines that is accredited by PRC & Non-APOs (local professionals org. accredited by the Philippine Embassy)
Accredited Professionals Organizations (PRC accredited):
- Philippine Society of Mechanical Engineers (PSME)
- Philippine Society of Civil Engineers (PICE)
- Institute of Integrated Electrical Engineers (IIEE)
- Philippine Institute of Integrated Electronic Communication Engineers (PIIECE)
- United Architects of the Philippines (UAP)
- Philippine Institute of Certified Public Accountant (PICPA)
- Philippine Nurses Association (PNA) and more
Non-APO’s (Philippine Embassy Accredited)
- PEAK and more
OBJECTIVES of PPO-Kuwait
- The PPO-Kuwait is committed in helping OFW’s graduates (under board) to take board exams by bringing the Special Professional Licensure Board Examinations (SPLBE) in Kuwait and no need for them to go home to the Philippines, as per Executive Order No. 835 dated October 6, 2013 by then PGMA.
- The PPO-Kuwait will regularly conduct and provide Continuous Professional Development (CPD) like seminars and symposium on each discipline in order to help OFW’s professionals to be globally competitive and update from new technology.
- Assists in getting KSE accreditation especially for all professional Engineers & Architects.
- Sports Fest, PPO-Kuwait will always continue to promote sports and camaraderie as it believes that professionals must be physically and mentally healthy.
- Community Service, PPO-Kuwait is not just about helping OFW’s in their professional development. PPO-Kuwait will actively participate in any activity of POLO/OWWA & Philippine Embassy for the betterment & welfare of every Overseas Filipino Workers in Kuwait as well as our Kababayans back home.
PPO-Kuwait is the 7th PPO in Middle East. Other PPO are 2 in Saudi Arabia, UAE, Qatar, Oman and Bahrain. To date, there are 1,254 members of Philippine Professional Organization – Kuwait.
(Shared from PPO Kuwait Official Organization. Photos from Francisco Liam Olpindo III)