POEA Christmas Peak Season
Reminder for Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) about the “Christmas peak season” of Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA). Due to the declared holidays for the coming Christmas and New Year, it is expected that there are days when clients come to the office by volume.
For December 2015 – 21, 22, 23, 28 and 29. January 2016 – 4 and 5. Following are some reminders to avoid volume clients at POEA;
1. If an OFW arrives early in the Philippines, he / she can go to the POEA even before the dates mentioned above. In case the OFW is still in the Philippines after New Year’s Day, he / she can also go to the POEA earlier.
2. It is important to have a Balik Manggagawa BM Online facility (bmonline.poea.gov.ph) to do away with standing in line at POEA and Philippine Overseas Labor Office (POLO).
BM Online is another way for an OFW to update his / her Balik Manggagawa status to ensure that he / she remains legal and documented as an OFW.
Here are the following steps to use BM Online.
1) Register at the BM Online site (bmonline.poea.gov.ph);
2) Update profile in the Balik-Manggagawa database;
3) Pay the amount of P119.50 as electronic payment portal at Dragonpay;
4) Self print your Overseas Employment Certificate (OEC), as proof of your updated BM profile.
POEA and POLO offices have option for personal “appointment” to give assistance to Balik Manggagawa who changed employers or are supposed to go to countries considered high risk situation.
Thru POEA Facebook and Twitter pages, “tech support” is available for Balik Manggagawa.