One-Stop Service Center Now Opens to Serve Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs)
The One-Stop Service center that promised by President Rodrigo Duterte during his SONA is now open for business.
In response to the President Duterte’s orders to streamline and make it easier for OFWs to avail the services of the government, the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) opens the first one-stop service center for overseas Filipino workers (OFWs).
According to POEA Administrator Hans Leo Cacdac, the newly opened center includes representatives from various agencies with services that are all “relevant to OFWs,” and is now ready to serve as many as 2,000 to 3,000 OFWs daily.
The one-stop service center aimed is to reduce transportation expenses of OFWs and shorten the processing time for their documents.
ONE-STOP SERVICE CENTER will offer the following services for overseas Filipino workers;
1. Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA)
- Passport Services
- Passport Validity Extension for Balik-Manggagawa (vacationing Workers)
2. Overseas Welfare Workers Administration (OWWA)
- Processing of OWWA Membership/Renewal of Membership
3. Technical Education and Skills Development (TESDA)
- Assistance for Competency Assessment
- Verification of Certificates and Special Order
- Assistance for Replacement of National Certificates (NC)/ Certificates of Competency (COC)
- Training Assistance and Scholarship Program
4. Professional Regulation Commission (PRC)
- Issuance of Professional License
5. Maritime Industry Authority (MARINA)
- Issuance/ Revalidation of Seaman’s Book
6. Home Development Mutual Fund (HDMF)
- Processing of Pag-ibig Membership
7. Philippine Health Insurance Corporation (PHIC)
- Payment of Philhealth Contribution
- Member registration and updating
8. Social Security System (SSS)
- Registration and Membership Data Amendment
- Acceptance of Loan and Benefits Claim Applications
- Loan Verification and Status
- UMID Capturing and Card Releasing
9. Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA)
- Processing and Copy Issuance of
– Certificate of Live Birth
– Certificate of Marriage
– Certificate of Death
– Certificate of No Marriage (CENOMAR)
10. Bureau of Immigration (BI)
- Departure Clearance Information
11. National Bureau of Investigation (NBI)
- Issuance of NBI Clearance
12. Commission on Higher Education (CHED)
- Verification and Authentication of School Credentials
13. Tourism Infrastructure and Enterprise Zone Authority (TIEZA)
- Travel Tax Payment
- Processing of Travel Tax Exemption and Reduced Travel Tax
14. Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA)
- Documentation of Workers (Landbased and Seabased)
- Documentation of Workers-On-Leave/Balik-Manggagawa
- Registration of Landbased Worker-Applicants
- Verification/Certification of OFW Records
- Provision of Legal Assistance
The One-Stop Service Center for OFWs (OSSCO) is located at the ground floor of the Philippine Overseas Employment Administration’s main office at Blas F. Ople Building in Ortigas Avenue corner EDSA, Mandaluyong City. The One-Stop service centers will be open daily from 8am to 5pm, from Monday to Friday.
Labor Secretary Silvestre Bello III said, the Department of Labor and Employment is also setting up one-stop centers in all regions in coordination with the regional offices of the agencies cited above, local government units, and other partners and stakeholders.
The OSSCO in Ortigas and the regional offices will be open from 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M., Monday to Friday, or in its discretion, with prior approval of the POEA or DOLE Regional Office, may extend the services during weekends and holidays.