The Filipino Community in Kuwait will hold a “Meet and Greet” with Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) Hon. Secretary Rosalinda Dimapilis-Baldoz this coming Friday, 28th of November at Qadsia Gym in Hawally at 7:00 am to 1:00 pm. Breakfast and lunch are Free!
Free t-shirts for all Zumba Lovers attendees…
Kuwait Programme :
7:00 am to 8:00 am – Assembly time / Arrival of Participants
8:00 am to 9:30 am – ZUMBA
9:30 am to 10:30 am – Videoke / Games / Entertainment
10:30 am to 11:30 am – Formation of Organization (preparing for the arrival of Labor Secretary and Delegates)
11:30 am to 12:30 pm – Welcome Program
1) Christian and Muslim Prayer
2) Presentation of Participating Organization – by Host
3) Message from Acting Ambassador Atty. Raul H. Dado
4) Introduction of Guest – Labatt Cesar Chavez Jr.
5) Message – Labor Secretary Rosalinda Baldoz
6) Question and Answer portion – Please submit all written questions to Danilo Sto Tomas Narag Jr. of DEMOLAY.
7) Presentation of Plaque of Appreciation to Guests -to be given by FILCOM LEADERS
8) KAMUSTAHAN to all participating organizations, to be assisted by FILCOM LEADERS
9) LUNCH with FilCom Family – Boodle Fight
- Committees Incharge
- Sound, Venue and Stage – Arthur Joseph Fuellas Tabunda of Brigada OFW and Sir Noel.
- Backdraft – Mikee Yunon of TISOK
- Program – Xavier Topakz Hernandez of TROPA, Claire V. Constantino of Musik , Hengie Vargas Taton of PANIK.
- SECURITY – CatsClaw, RUGBII and TROPA
- FOODs – BISDAK, FHKA, and OFW Movement
- Bouquet – Club Ilonggo
- Garlands – Ilonggo International Association (IIA)
- PLAQUE – Global Ilocano
- TABLES and CHAIRS – RUBGII, BRIGADA OFW
- MEDICAL TEAM – PANIK / PNA
- Collection and Mounting of Banners – AKRHO
See you there!
About Hon. Sec. Rosalinda Dimapilis-Baldoz
A Filipino lawyer, civil servant, and labor arbiter. She is the current Secretary of the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) of the Philippines under the administration of PresidentBenigno Aquino III.
Baldoz was a practicing lawyer before she joined the Department of Labor and Employment.She is a consistent scholar from elementary up to her tertiary and post-graduate education, holds bachelor degrees in Arts & Science and Law, and a master degree in National Security Administration. She is a commissioned officer with the rank of Lieutenant Colonel in the Reserve Force, Philippine Army, Armed Forces of the Philippines.
She had received two scholarships grants in industrial relations: a Colombo Plan scholarship in Australia and a US Agency for International Development (USAID) scholarship at Cornell University in Ithaca, New York. She holds the designation of Career Executive Service Officer I (CESO I), the highest career executive service rank in the Philippines.
Baldoz rose through the ranks from being a contractual staff at the Bureau of Labor Relations in 1975 to different positions in the Department of Labor and Employment such as mediator-arbiter in 1976, labor arbiter at the National Labor Relations Commission in 1982, Deputy Administrator, later Deputy Executive Director, and finally, Executive Director of the NationalConciliation and Mediation Board in 1997
In 1998, she was named Undersecretary for Labor Relations and Management of the Department. During the time of President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo, Baldoz was elevated to the position of Administrator of thePhilippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA)
Labor Secretary, 2010-present
After Aquino won landslide in the 2010 presidential elections, Baldoz was tapped to join the cabinet to head the labor portfolio. She replaced then acting labor secretary Marianito Roque, a former Administrator of the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA).