This is good news for all expats, migrant workers and OFWs who are illegally staying in Kuwait.
From 29 January until 22 February 2018, the Kuwait Ministry of Interior is granting an Amnesty Period for all illegal residents in Kuwait so they can legalize their status or leave Kuwait without being blacklisted.
Following are the important points to remember about the Amnesty Period;
1. Amnesty Period starts on January 29, 2018 until February 22, 2018.
2. All expats who committed violations will be allowed to pay the fines and either legalize their status or choose to leave Kuwait without being blacklisted.
3. All expats who paid penalties will be allowed to return to Kuwait on new Visa in the future.
4. All expats with cases in court can settle their disputes at the Department of Residency Affair in order to get temporary residency.
5. All expats who continue to stay in Kuwait and will not settle their situation during the Amnesty Period, once they are caught by the authorities, they will be deported and blacklisted.
6. All expats with travel ban are not included in the Amnesty Period unless the travel ban on them is lifted.
Source: Ayman Mat