His Highness the Amir Sheikh Sabah Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah issued decree 209/2013 announcing the new cabinet under the Premiership of His Highness Sheikh Jaber Al-Mubarak Al-Hamad Al-Sabah on Sunday.
The Amiri decree listed the ministers as follows:
1. Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister, Sheikh Sabah Khalid Al-Hamad Al-Sabah.
2. Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Interior, Sheikh Mohammad Khalid Al-Hamad Al-Sabah.
3. Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Oil, Mustafa Jasem Al-Shimali.
4. Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Finance, Sheikh Salem Abdulaziz Al-Saud Al-Sabah.
5. Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Defense, Lt Gen (ret) Sheikh Khalid Al-Jarrah Al-Sabah.
6. Minister of Commerce and Industry, Anas Khalid Al-Saleh.
7. Minister of Social Affairs and Labor, Thikra Ayed Al-Rashidi.
8. Minister of State for National Assembly Affairs, Minister of State for Planning and Development Affairs, Dr. Rola Abdullah Dashti.
9. Minister of State for Housing Affairs and Minister of State for Municipal Affairs, Salem Mutheeb Al-Utheina.
10. Minister of Information and Minister of State for Youth Affairs, Sheikh Salman Sabah Salem Al-Humoud Al-Sabah.
11. Minister of Justice and Minister of Awqaf and Islamic Affairs, Shareeda Abdullah Al-Muosherji.
12. Minister of Public Works, Minister of Electricity and Water, Abdulaziz Abdulatif Al-Ibrahim.
13. Minister of Communications, Essa Ahmed Al-Kandari.
14. Minister of State for Cabinet Affairs, Minister of Health, Sheikh Mohammad Abdullah Al-Mubarak Al-Sabah.
15. Minister of Education and Minister of Higher Education, Dr. Nayef Falah Al-Hajraf.
The decree stated that the new cabinet, formed upon recommendation of the Prime Minister, is to be communicated to the National Assembly, and that the decree is effective as of date of issue and is to be published in the official gazette.
This follows a decree on July 29, 2013, which appointed Sheikh Jaber Al-Mubarak Al-Hamad Al-Sabah as the Prime Minister.